The Food Fox's Baked Tomatoes with Feta, Garlic & Thyme
- 3 large tomatoes, halved horizontally
- about 300g cherry/rosa tomatoes on the vine
- 400 g feta cheese
- 1 whole head of garlic, halved horizontally
- a few sprigs of thyme
- salt & pepper
- 10-15 ml sugar
- about 60-80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of a lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Arrange the large tomatoes cut-side-up on the tray, then add the cherry tomatoes, feta, garlic and thyme. Season well with salt & pepper, sprinkle the tomatoes with sugar, then drizzle all over with olive oil and a little lemon juice.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the feta and garlic is golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature. Drizzle with more olive oil if served with bread.
Recipe from The Food Fox