- 1 good sized bunch of Asparagus – (rough chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 3-medium sized Leeks
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream *if you use a vitamix blender, only add 1/4 Heavy Cream
- pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon - White Pepper
- Garlic chives or scallions (optional)
- Slice leeks in half and wash well between the layers. Sand and dirt often hides inside the layers. Then slice into 1inch slices.
- Heat soup pot over medium high heat and add butter or oil.
- Sauté leeks for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Then add asparagus chunks and sauté for 5 minutes more.
- Add nutmeg, salt and white pepper. Add chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree with hand held immersion blender or in blender.
- Serve with warm French Bread and butter. Enjoy!